Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm here!

So, I made it!  I'm actually here, here in London, in my new home for the next almost-two months: 27 Palace Court.  Nothing too eventful on the trip over here.  I had a Philly Cheese Steak in Philly (layover), tried to sleep on the plane, made it through an extremely long customs line, found the train to Victoria Station and even made an Italian friend on the ride, and took a taxi the rest of the way.  Now it's 1 pm here and I would really enjoy a nap.  But instead, I'm off to get my Tube pass.

PS- On the train ride to Victoria Station, I tried my best while balancing myself and my suitcase (there wasn't room to sit down) to look out the window.  It's gorgeous, and I'm so excited to see more!

1 comment:

Kiri Ainslie said...

how are you liking our country and currency, i can't believe you did that all on your own . . . very brave. goals for you: make some church friends, if your free and can get a ride, theres a YSA dance in reading that i will be at (hopefully) see if you can go, twill be awesome.