Sunday, August 10, 2008

Borough Market



Borough Market. I was told numerous times, by numerous people before even leaving to London, that I needed to visit Borough Market.

During the week, Borough Market in Southeast London is just a normal wholesale food market, with fruit and vegetables and whatever else. I'm not quite sure. haha. BUT, on the weekends, it turns into a gourmet food market.

Borough Market is FULL: full of people, full of noise, and full of all kinds of food. Tons and tons of fish, all kinds of fruit and vegetables, mouth-watering pastries, chocolate-covered-everything-you-can-imagine, breads I've never seen before, and stands selling food like ostrich burgers. It was craziness.

Jacki got a humungous brownie, while Steve and Katie opted to try disgusting raw oysters. I wish I had the video of them trying it because it was pretty hilarious. We all bought what were supposed to be empanadas but were basically pasties for lunch.

It was kind of exhausting being in a crazy place, but it was definitely fun to see.

No comments: