Thursday, August 21, 2008

Venezia to Luzern

Today marks country #6 of my summer (England, Scotland, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland). 6 down, 1 to go (France). I can’t believe how fast everything is going by. I’m out of clean clothes, leaving me desperate enough to handwash in the bathroom sink. Yaaaahhh buddy (that was for David).

This morning Mom and I enjoyed the fancy breakfast at the hotel made by the fancy hotel owner Matteo. Then, we walked around the markets surrounded by tons and tons of fruit and tons and tons of fish. We went souvenir shopping (I got a mask… like masquerade mask, something that Venice is pretty famous for), then checked out and took the water bus (“vaporetto”) over to the train station.

I look really tired...but the scenery is beautiful


The train rides and transfers went successfully. The second train ride, from Milano to Zurich, was beautiful. When we weren’t going through tunnels, we saw the incredibly beautiful Alps, and the sparkling lakes and all the trees and cute cottage houses. It doesn’t really seem real yet that I’m here in the Alps (in Lucerne… Luzern is how it’s really spelled) because all I’ve really seen is through the train windows. Tomorrow I’ll get to see the wonder of the Alps without glass in the way.

1 comment:

mary said...

Chrissie you made it! You girls are amaaaaazing! I wanna be like you when I grow up!!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures. :) Have lots of fun!