Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Last of Paris

My last day in Paris was definitely a good way to end my adventures "abroad". I went back to Notre Dame because Mom and Dad said it was something I would regret not doing later. The climb up was reminiscent of St. Paul's, but the view was so much different. Paris is beautiful. I thought looking down on the city was so cool (apparent by how many pictures I took), and the gargoyles were pretty sweet too. I wish I could see what they looked like when it rains and the water comes through their mouths. Anyway, it was just awesome.

See the Eiffel Tower in the distance??




One of the bells. I really feel like I need to watch The Hunchback of Notre Dame again

We had some time before we had to leave, so we stopped by the "Arc de Triomphe". It's just in the middle of this roundabout street, but it's so big and cool looking.

We walked by the Eiffel Tower one last time.  It's amazing to me that a hunk of metal can be so beautiful.

After our stroll around London, Dad had to go since he was flying out of Paris, but Mom and I still had a couple hours to kill before we needed to head back to the airport, so we took a boat tour along the Seine River. It was really cool because most of the neat sights are along the river, and since we didn't get to see everything on foot I got to see quite a bit more. And I liked the audio guide because seriously, knowing the history behind what I'm seeing makes it so much better (we actually had a Rick Steve's Guide to Paris and I read almost the entire thing on the way home because I learned so much about the city, famous artists, and it was just cool).

I'm pretty sure that Paris is my favorite city I saw on my 10-day adventure.

No comments: