Friday, August 15, 2008

St. Paul's and the Whispering Gallery

For our last day in London, some of us decided to go to St. Paul’s Cathedral: Most definitely one of the best decisions that I’ve made here. It was the perfect thing to do on the last day: #1: It’s beautiful. It was built (or rebuilt) a lot later than a lot of the other cathedrals that we’ve seen, and it was kind of simple and white, but at the top were these beautiful beautiful painted ceilings. #2: You can go up the 500 and however many steps to the top to see the city of London. I know I already got to see the good view from the London Eye, but it was still really cool to see it from here. Kind of like an Empire State Building type of experience. #3: Half-way up the stairs is the “Whispering Gallery”. Its at the start of the dome at the top of the Cathedral, and it has railing all around. If you whisper something with your head close to the wall, your whisper travels all around the dome. We took turns going across from each other and whispering things and it was basically one of the coolest things ever.

I wrapped up my last day by packing and taking my bag to Victoria station for storage, and a nice walk through Kensington Gardens, where I ran (not literally) into some of my friends playing soccer.  

After dinner at the Centre, we all mostly just stayed around, except for a little bit of shopping for Katie on Queensway.  

I don't want to leave!!!

No comments: