Friday, August 15, 2008

Inside the BYU London Centre

I know I know, it took me long enough, but here are pictures of Home Sweet Home: 
The BYU London Centre:

Right inside the front door
Stairs! (which I climb a lot of to get to my room on the 4th floor)
The professors and their families, and whatever students want to come in and fill in the extra chairs, eat dinner here.  Also, as shown, studying is a common activity in this room
The "Lounge" or Sitting Room: the setting of a couple of my Shakespeare read-a-thons, games and chess matches (I'm terrible at chess), studying, and the daily devotional with the whole group at 4:45
Another view of the lounge
A lot of the ceilings are super cool, like this one (in the Lounge):
The library! where talking is not allowed (the only truly quiet place to study, that also turns into a sauna once it gets filled)
The Servery: mostly we eat our meals in here, including our somehow almost nightly ritual of coming in, getting a drink of water and maybe a few Digestive cookies, and talking for awhile.  also we've played cards in here, watched movies, and as the picture will attest, watch the Olympics (especially during dinner)
Usually lunch (because it's free): Sandwiches
The stairs down to the basement, which houses the Kitchen (everyone takes a week of Kitchen Crew, helping with dinner and doing the dishes), and the laundry room
The Classroom! (not only do we have class here but also weekly Sunday night firesides, sometimes we watch movies in here, and this is most frequently my study area)

The other half of my bedroom (you can't really see but there are three bunkbeds (6 beds), home to: Lizzy Weidemann, Paige Albright, Mollie Dickerson, Hilary Wood, Summer Young, and "Spence" (Kaitlyn Spencer))
MY half of the bedroom, messy from packing to leave :(
Home of: me, Adrianne Olsen, Brittany Watkins, Caitlin Reese, Kaitlin Jacobs, and Rachel Marrott
My room is in the left corner (next to the door to the fire escape)
umm.. probably room 4 is the best. yep.
our bathrooms we share with room 3 (12 girls + 16 girls = too many)
showers! (3)- this is just for our 12 girls

So that's where I live. In LONDON!!!

No comments: