Sunday, July 27, 2008

Haworth Parsonage

First stop of The North Trip: Haworth Parsonage, home of the Bronte sisters: Charlotte, Emily, and Anne (as well as their brother and father). Having just reread Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte) for my literature class I'm taking, I felt like I had a lot more appreciation for this stop. All three sisters, as well as their brother (not even including the other three siblings that died before reaching adulthood) died within a few years of each other, in their early thirties. Their father outlived not only his wife, but all of his seven children!  How sad!  They lived in a Parsonage, so they were in a house next to a church and a graveyard.  I thought that the graveyard was pretty cool, which accounts for the many pictures:

The House
Caitlin, Kiley, Me, Alex
A view from the graveyard of the house and church


Look at the moss on that thing!
Yah, this is just the road back to where the bus is parked.  Just the road?  Yah right!  Seriously everything here is so surreal and I constantly feel like I'm in a storybook-land.  No joke.


No comments: