Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Teaching Relief Society

Sunday was a first for me: Teaching Relief Society!  Although I am most definitely the youngest (and it's just me and Lauren from BYU in our Relief Society, and I wouldn't be surprised if we were even the only ones under 30), I taught the lesson.  The topic was President Monson's talk from Priesthood Session from this past conference, "Examples of Righteousness".  I prepared for a super long time on Saturday, and it went well.  

So, it was pretty obvious that I got really behind on my blog due to the North trip and not having internet for a week, being crazy busy, and maybe a little bit of laziness.  haha.  Result: Blogging ALL afternoon.  And now I'm almost caught up.

Sunday night we had a "Singing Fireside" here at the Center.  People would volunteer to share their favorite hymn and why, and then we would sing it.  I was at the piano.  It's incredible to me how easily music can bring the Spirit. 

No comments: