Sunday, July 6, 2008

Paige and the Tube

One of my best friends here so far is Paige Albright. 
We knew each other from some mutual friends, and we're in the same room.  She's 5'2'' (which doesn't really matter but I think makes the story better).
On one of my first rides on the Tube with Paige, I vividly remember her saying that she was really afraid of getting trapped in the Tube doors. I laughed at her because I didn't really think it was possible.

THREE TIMES in the past few days has Paige really almost gotten stuck in between the doors. They are not like automatic doors or elevator doors or even garage doors that open if they sense something in the way. They just keep on closin'. Anyway, the first time it happened she leaped out with a shriek right before it was too late. And not only that, but it's happened twice more, each time with a shriek and a whole lot of "I'm American, look at me" pinned to us. But it is SO dang funny.



This is Paige after her icecream that she paid 4 pounds for (because she really really wanted it) melted because she couldn't put it in a freezer:

No comments: