Saturday, July 12, 2008

A little alone time

We don't get much alone time here at "The Center".  There are 11 other girls in my bedroom, and 26 more students besides that, not even including the professors and their families that are all living here (55 people total??)  Luckily, there are opportunities to do things on your own if you ever have the desire:

After class on Thursday I went to the Victoria and Albert Museum.  Some other girls went with me, but they had to leave for their turn helping with dinner ("Kitchen Crew") pretty soon after we got there.  Since I wasn't assigned, I ended up staying at the museum for a couple hours by myself.  First of all, the V&A is SO cool, definitely one of the cooler museums that I've been in.  I didn't even make it to half of the exhibits but some of what I saw included an exhibit on the Renaissance, with all kinds of artifacts and old "things" from that time period, a lot of art and sculptures- some from Asia, some from Europe (aren't I descriptive?), a photography exhibit, and one of my favorites was a fashion exhibit, showing clothing from the 1700s or so up until modern day.  I just can't believe some of the clothing people used to wear.  How uncomfortable!!!  Anyway, it was pretty fun to just wander around for a little while by myself.  And I definitely need to spend some more (or a lot more) time at that museum.

No comments: